Monday, August 23, 2010

shichigosan

"shichi go san" means "seven five three." girls ages three and seven and boys ages three and five are celebrated on shichigosan. good health and growth are celebrated and prayed for.

this holiday also calls for children taking amazingly cute photos in traditional kimono. this was on our ultimate to-do list when we went to japan. please forgive the lo res scans.













maya and her cousins ren (left) and sora (right)

4 comments:

Carlos P said...

I'm pretty much dying.

kcn said...

love, love, love these. Memories of celebrating girls day with all my Japanese friends in elementary school. So fun!!

Anonymous said...

Jenny,
These are awesome photos of Maya chan's 753! I see lots of Japanese 753 kids wear crazy hair do and make-up to match their crazy kimono and outfits today, but Maya looks so natural and this is how 753 kids should look like! VERY pretty, Maya chan! Great choice of Kimonos and hair accessory, too! Happy 753!
Mie :)

rt said...

These photos of Maya are my favorite! I'm so glad you got these scanned.