Friday, July 27, 2012

Summer Trip to the OC

Believe it or not, it's been seven months since we've made our way down south.

We packed up the car and headed to Orange County for adventure. We got to stay at a hotel with a pool. The lobby had koi and turtles. They were beyond excited.

I snapped this just as they got their first whiff of Harris Ranch

We took the girls to Irvine Park. We used to go here as kids. It was great to bring the next generation.

Brushing goats (I'm pretty sure it pooped and peed immediately following the grooming)

The highlight: horse riding

Maya was big enough to go on the trotters. She was bounced all over the place. It was pretty hysterical.


Note the flying hair


Fearless Emi got on, no problem



Next was the family reunion. As always, it was hot and super fun!

The girls love their Katie!


Cool kids

Bounce house awesomeness



Pooped

Cousins!


Sea World!

Maya (& Kei) insisted on sitting in the Shamu splash zone.

Yay! I got wet!

Oh wait. I'm freezing! This stinks!


Megalodon in the shark exhibit


Bubble gun


Emi had a great time, too!



Belugas


Polar bear butt

Polar bear chillin' (ha ha, zing!)


The lobby upon exiting the arctic exhibit featured a wall of stuffed polar bears of various sizes. Emi literally cooed for at least half an hour. This was the tail end of the magic.



Maya Popper's Penguins


Cutest penguins in the (Sea) World (I'm on fire!)


The last day was Emi's baptism. She was the star of the show as she literally bent down, dipped her hand in the holy water and baptized herself. 


What a doll!

The proud papa


Maya & Emi had so much fun! They're already talking about what they're going to do for Xmas!

See you soon! xo

No comments: